Suggested for this Experiment
- Explosion Deformer
- Fracture Object
- Random Effector
- Spline Effector
- Multi Shader
For Experiment 4 I used the Explosion Deformer with a Fracture Object, Random Effector, Spline Effector and the Multi Shader. My initial tests were using MoGraph’s Poly FX but after some experimenting and assistance from Brett Morris I went with an Explosion Deformer instead. The Explosion Deformer ended up being more responsive than Poly FX, which become really slow with higher polygon counts. Thanks also to Craig Whitaker for assistance with using the Colour and Multi Shaders.
Download my project, which you can explore and experiment with, or you can make up your own from scratch. Use the same effectors with different settings and a different spline, or add different Effectors. Try different colours in the Multi Shader. You may want to try out PolyFX for yourself!
Take at least 30 minutes (I was experimenting for a few hours) and see what you can create. When you’re done, save a JPG and post it in the comments. Remember to include a screenshot of your object hierarchy with the image, it’s helping everyone learn from these experiments.